Oh so gentle Honey Body Wash Recipe (for all skin types)
- 1 Tbs. oat or rice bran
- 1/2 tsp. natural honey
- 2/3 to 1 tsp. warm water
Mix the above ingredients in palm of your hand. Massage gently into skin in circular motion. Rinse thoroughly. Discard unused portion.
Honey Bear Baby Wash Recipe (for all skin types)
- 2 cups rice bran or bean powder
- 1/3 cup natural honey
- 2/3 cup warm water
Shake the ingredients in a bottle until well mixed. Add to bath tub or apply to moist skin with baby-gentle wet wash cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Discard unused portion.
Green Tea Toner (for all skin types, esp. aging skin)
- 1 tsp. powdered green tea
- 1/2 cup purified hot water
Mix tea with hot water in a bowl, whisking until a bit thick. When mixture cools to room temperature, apply with cotton pad to face. Do not rinse. Unused portion may be refrigerated for 2 days.
Citrus Body Scrub Recipe
- 6 Tbs. unscented liquid body soap (preferably castile or other detergent-free formula)
- 6 Tbs. grape seed, jojoba, or sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. sweet almond, kukui nut or macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 cup fine sea salt
- 1 Tbs. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. sweet orange, grapefruit or lemongrass essential oil
- 1/4 tsp. tangerine essential oils
- 4-5 drops neroli or lime essential oil
Combine the soap and oils together in a bowl until well blended. Slowly add in the salts, followed by the essential oils (which should be spread throughout the mixture). Smooth on small handfuls of the scrub to wet skin (apply to dry skin cautiously for an invigorating treatment); rub with gentle pressure in circular motions. Rinse well or smooth off in bath. Store unused portion in tightly sealed (preferably glass) container in a cool, dark, dry place for 6-12 months.
Soothing, Hydrating AHA and Anti-Oxidant Tea Bath
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup basmati or brown rice
- 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk or milk
- 3 (emptied) or 1 Tbs. loose green tea
- 1/2 tsp. coconut or vanilla extract
Combine ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Place ingredients into cheesecloth and tie into a pouch with a string (i.e., like a large tea bag). Place in tub and rub a fairly hot bath, allowing pouch to submerge; using a glove or cooking mitten, squeeze the pouch occasionally to re-hydrate the ingredients. Allow water to cool to comfort; leave “tea bath” pouch in the tub. Soak in bath for 15-30 minutes.
Happy Healthy-Mouth Wash with Sage & Witch Hazel
- 4 Tbs. distilled water
- 4 tsp. witch-hazel extract (preferably grain-alcohol based)
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. pure grain alcohol
Combine all ingredients in a blender for 60 seconds. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer to remove solids. Following brushing your teeth, swish 2-3 tsp. of this mouthwash around the mouth for 30-45 seconds, then spit out. DO NOT swallow mouthwash. Store unused portion in tightly sealed container for up to 5 days in refrigerator.
Oh so Spicy After-Shave
- 2 cup witch-hazel extract (preferably grain-alcohol based)
- 2 Tbs. distilled water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 sprig fresh mint, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 strips orange-peel spirals, chopped
- 2 strips lemon-peel spirals, chopped
- 15 drops benzoin
Combine all ingredients (except cinnamon stick) in blender for 60-90 seconds. Pour into a bottle and add cinnamon stick; shake well and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine strainer to remove solids. Apply to damp skin after shaving. Rinse if desired. Store unused portion in tightly sealed container for up to 5 days in refrigerator.